Last updated: 23 May 2012
- Note: Attack either the three heads or the legs, but the legs take very little damage. Still, under continuous attack over a period of time, attacking either the heads or legs could still cause the dog to collapse (which is a good thing).
- Use the shotgun to remove the ice protecting their heads.
It'll take 2~4 shots to remove the ice per head. Alternatively, the same can also be done by spamming Dante's handguns.
- If you continuously attack the heads,
they will sometimes headbutt
or snap their teeth at you. It's hard to predict exactly when they'll do this (it's quite random) but it's avoidable if you play a little more defensive and jump away from their heads after whacking a few times. For those replaying, you can use LV 2 Trickster's
Sky Star or LV2 Royalguard's Air Guard,
which first timers wouldn't have attained at
- Air Hike would be very helpful
in this battle.
- Once the ice protection is off, you can now attempt to charge at them
head-on. For first timers, Aerial
Slash (Swordmaster) and Helm
Breaker (jump + /\) work well. For replays, equip A&R and use Crossed Swords (jump + /\) or Sword Dance (jump + O).
- If you see them shaking their heads, it means it's safe to keep attacking for just a few seconds more.
- (Double) Jumping and shooting will dodge
their Stomp-Ice-out-of-the-Ground, Ice Breath and
Paw-Swiping attacks. You can also guard the
paw-swipe attack with Royalguard.
- To avoid the Icicle Falls attack, just keep
running away. Just to be safe, you may want to
do a side roll near the end of your run.
If you're using Trickster, simply Dash
away. For replays, another foolproof method to avoid this is to perform Ice Age (using Cerberus, Swordmaster LV3). It works wonders on DMD mode.
- To avoid their ice boulders projectiles (they shoot it from their mouth), run to one side of
the chamber and jump/roll away when you
see it coming. Alternatively, you can run towards the side of their legs. You can also hit it with a melee attack
it with Royalguard. Both require good timing.
- Note: The head with red eyes does the Ice Breath, green eyes does the Icicle Falls, and blue eyes does the Ice Boulder Projectile.
- When they're about to lunge at you, they'll
go into a particular stance so remember
that stance. To evade, just stay out
of their direct front. (In fact, just make
it a habit to always stay away
from their direct front) Otherwise, you can Air Guard it
with LV 2 Royalguard. When they reel
themselves back to place again,
take your chance to attack.
Cerberus's tendency is to stomp ice out
of the ground with one leg first, then the
other, and then lunge at you, so always be
ready to evade when you see them do this.